FSL Interim Indefinite Suspension Update
Office of Fraternity & Sorority Life
Effective January 29, 2018
- What is the update on Fraternity & Sorority Life at FSU?
- Where can I find all the information about FSL at FSU?
- Can Fraternity & Sorority organizations have recruitment/rush/intake now?
- Yes! Upon approval from OFSL, recruitment/rush/intake is allowed. An advisor must be present and appropriate forms must be submitted to OFSL. These documents are available online: http://ofsl.union.fsu.edu/
- There is not a requirement to host recruitment/rush/intake this semester. Not all organizations may decide to host recruitment/rush/intake this semester
- A new expectation is that all students interested in joining a Greek organization must attend an in-person orientation hosted by OFSL. Dates and times will be available online: http://ofsl.union.fsu.edu/
- How can I join a Fraternity or Sorority organization this semester?
- Any student interested in joining a social Greek organization must complete an in-person orientation session. These will happen in February and will be posted on the OFSL website.
- NOTE: this is required for all individuals interested in joining any chapter.
- Can Greek Organizations participate in Dance Marathon, Relay for Life, the Big Event, Homecoming, and other major events?
- Yes! The students were participating as individuals and now have the opportunity to do so as an organization.
- Organizations must submit an Event Notification Form for any philanthropy or service event. Chapters may also host their own events.
- The Event Notification Form is available online: http://ofsl.union.fsu.edu/.
- Can Greek Organizations have events with alcohol now?
- Not at this time.
- Can other RSOs have events with alcohol?
- Not at this time.
- What is the current status of each Fraternity & Sorority organization?
- The current status of chapters is published as part of the Scorecard available online: http://ofsl.union.fsu.edu/
- Where can I make a report of hazing, concerning behavior, bias discrimination or another report of concern?
- You are encouraged to call FSUPD 644-1234 or complete a report online: http://report.fsu.edu
- What resources are available?